Monday 28th May 2012
Santa Rita launch Heroes Wine
Leading Chilean winery, Santa Rita, has launched Santa Rita Heroes Wine in the United Kingdom in support of Forces charity, Help for Heroes. The wine will raise funds for those who have been wounded, injured or become sick in Britain’s current conflicts. Santa Rita is looking for retail partners to make this most of this exciting opportunity.
A selection of ten wines is available to outlets, with the grapes in the final offering being confirmed depending on the requirements of the individual retailer. All of the grapes used in the wines will be sourced from Santa Rita’s premium vineyards. From each bottle sold (RRP £9.99) £1 will go to Help for Heroes, helping to fund the charity’s work to provide practical, direct support for Britain’s wounded.
Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest and most respected wineries. The winery has military links dating back to 1814, when, according to legend, during the battle for Chile’s independence from the Spanish Crown, 120 patriots led by Bernardo O’Higgins took shelter in the cellars that today belong to Santa Rita.
Santa Rita runs a number of ‘Local Hero’ campaigns around the world. In the US, Santa Rita has partnered with ‘Cell phones-for-Soldiers’ which has allowed US soldiers serving outside of the country to speak free of charge for over 5 million minutes.
Bryn Parry, Co-Founder and CEO of Help for Heroes comments: “Santa Rita’s pledge to support us through the sale of Santa Rita Heroes Wine is fantastic. We aim to provide our wounded heroes with the very best care: for life. We may not be able to prevent them from being wounded, but together, we can help them by providing the very best support needed for life.”
Retailers interested in this opportunity should contact:
Tom Lethaby, Santa Rita Wines: email@example.com,
Tel. +44 7866 563446
– Ends –
For further information please contact
Caroline Park – Santa Rita Estates
Tel. + 44 7793 367501
David Fraser – Help for Heroes
Tel: +44 1725 514 276
ABOUT SANTA RITA WINES
- Santa Rita was chosen by the charity from a line-up of prestigious still wine brands vying for the opportunity to assist in raising funds for the charity as a result of their established and successful ‘Heroes’ charity work in a number of international markets. The Santa Rita ‘Local Heroes’ campaign has been running in Ireland for a number of years, with Brother Kevin Crowley winning the 2012 award for his tireless work in assisting homeless people through his Capuchin Day Centre in Dublin. In America, over the last five years the Santa Rita’s partnership with the ‘Cell phones for Soldiers’ charity has resulted in 5 million minutes of airtime being donated – allowing thousands of US soldiers serving outside of the country to call their families at home free of charge
- Established in 1880, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest and most respected wineries
- Santa Rita is one of the top selling Chilean wine brands in both the off-trade and on-trade in the UK and Ireland
- Santa Rita owns over 2,500 hectares of Wines of Chile Certified Sustainable vineyards in the following wine valleys: Limarí, Casablanca, Leyda, Maipo, Colchagua, Apalta, Maule, Rapel and Curico
Santa Rita wines are part of Santa Rita Estates incorporating the following brands from Chile:
Santa Rita – www.santarita.com
Carmen – www.carmen.com
Terra Andina – www.terraandina.com
Nativa – www.nativawines.com
and Doña Paula – www.donapaula.com from Argentina
Santa Rita Estates:
- are South Americas second largest premium wine exporter in terms of sales by value *
- currently own over 3,700 hectares of vines in Chile and more than700 hectaresin Argentina
- are distributed by Santa Rita Europe Ltd (GB), Berkmann Wine Cellars (GB), HallgartenDruitt (GB), Drinks Inc. (Northern Ireland) and Edward Dillon & Co Ltd(ROI), Gleeson inc. Gilbeys (ROI)
*(measured by wine sales greater than $30/case)
ABOUT HELP FOR HEROES
- Thanks to the fantastic British public, Help for Heroes (H4H) has raised over £135m since its launch in October 2007. All funds raised to date are either allocated or spent on the direct, practical support of those Servicemen and women who are wounded, injured or become sick while serving our country.
- H4H has funded a variety of projects including the £8.5m Rehabilitation Complex at Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre, Headley Court, a new £3.5m treatment centre for Combat Stress, adaptive adventure training through the Battle Back programme and the creation of a £6m Quick Reaction Fund to support individuals in need.
- In February 2010, H4H announced its lead role in the delivery of five regional Personnel Recovery Centres (PRCs) as part of the wider Defence Recovery Capability (DRC), which is an MoD initiative in partnership with H4H and The Royal British Legion.
- H4H has committed to fund and lead the £60m delivery projects in Colchester, Catterick, Tidworth and Plymouth. H4H is also committed to funding to cover the operating costs at all four centres for the next 20 years. In addition TRBL will provide annual grant to H4H towards the operating costs at Colchester, Catterick and Tidworth.
- The PRCs offer residential facilities to those wounded, injured and sick personnel from across the Armed Forces, and ensure they have access to the key services and resources needed to help them either return to duty or make a smooth transition into an appropriately skilled civilian life.
- The centres provide a comprehensive training facilities, classrooms and gymnasiums with state-of-the-art sports equipment as well as opportunities to learn new skills and gain qualifications and are there for life.
- H4H does not seek to criticise or be political. We just want to help and we work closely with the Army, Navy and RAF to provide support where it is most needed.
- For more information on how the money raised is spent, visit www.helpforheroes.org.uk/how_we_spend.html
ABOUT H4H TRADING
- H4H Trading retails a wide range of branded merchandise to help offset the running costs of the Charity. Every hoodie, mug and calendar sold ensures as much as possible from donations goes to fund direct, practical support for our wounded servicemen and women.
- Emma Parry, Co-founder of H4H, is Chairman of H4H Trading.
ABOUT BATTLE BACK
- Battle Back was founded in 2008 and is a Ministry Of Defence led initiative in partnership with and funded by H4H and The Royal British Legion.
- Battle Back is an Adaptive Sport and Adventurous Training programme for wounded, injured and sick personnel from across the Armed Forces, including mobilised reservists.
- Battle Back is also available to Veterans but funded separately.
- H4H is proud to have supported Battle Back since its inception in 2008. H4H has committed over £1m in support of the Battle Back initiative, and over the next ten years have a planned further significant commitment to continue to fund the wider Battle Back activity programme for serving personnel and veterans.
- Battle Back programmes and activities can be delivered from any of the Defence Recovery Centres and other establishments.. Currently they are formally run out of the Battle Back Centre Lilleshall (Defence Adaptive Sport and Adventurous Training Centre), the Defence Medical and Rehabilitation Centre, Headley Court and the Personnel Recovery Centres at Tedworth House, Tidworth and Phoenix House, Catterick.